The title of this post seems really complicated. Something you would get at a snooty organic bistro for breakfast.
However, you don’t have to be snooty to enjoy being healthy. This recipe will become one of your morning staples. In the morning I hate to look at a recipe. So the base of this recipe is easy enough to memorize and then you can do any add-ins you and your family love.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 squished bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese (optional – but adds a dose of protein and calcium for tiny stomachs.)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- a few shakes of cinnamon & nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Wisk together wet ingredients.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until everything is just moistened – don’t over mix. Just remember with a quick bread like pancakes and muffins – less is more when mixing. That’s great. Less work for us in the AM.
- Heat your griddle to 350 -375 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan mix together ingredients.
- Cook on medium high until the berries have cooked down a bit. It’s going to smell like heaven. Smash up the berries a little and serve over pancakes. You won’t remember why you ever used Mrs. Butterworth’s.
- When raspberry sauce has cooled slightly, mix with plain yogurt. Serve as a pancake topping or with sliced fruit for a snack. Yum.