Earlier in the week, Big P was strolling with me at a Sprouts Market. He errupted with glee when he saw parsnips. I laughed out loud. What 4-year old begs to take home parsnips? He was happily influenced by an episode of Curious George, his favorite monkey. Parsnips were (and have never been) on my shopping list, but I wanted to keep momentum with his veggie excitement.
We made a simple and delicious side dish that everyone liked. Phew. I hope all FearLESS Fridays are received without drama.
- 2-3 parsnips, washed, peeled, and diced into coins
- 2-3 carrots, washed and diced into coins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil or steam carrots and parsnips until they are tender enough to smash. I boiled mine for about ten minutes. I'm sure microwave steaming would be much quicker.
- Strain veggies and place in a serving bowl.
- Mash away with a fork or potato masher.
- Drizzle on olive oil.
- Top with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
I will post my ‘before and after’ shots as soon as we have 100 likes on our Facebook page! Keep sending friends over!