I couldn’t wait to try this recipe out on my crew. I’ve made it three times and I’m always happily surprised to see them hunkered down around the cookie sheet. I adapted it from Maryclare, and she adapted it from Julie Badger Jensen. Then you’ll adapt it to suit your family, too. That’s the beauty of recipes like this one.
The cooking strategy is really clever – use a steamer to quickly cook the cauliflower and then finish with the broiler to add some wonderful color. I used cheddar because that’s all I had in the refrigerator. Don’t be shy to use any spices or cheese that you have on hand.
Cheddar Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 - 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- Wash cauliflower and cut into bite-sized pieces. Place into a steamer basket and steam for about 10 minutes, or until you can pierce with a fork. In a large bowl, mix yogurt, salt, and garlic powder. Add cheese to the mixture.
- Drain the cauliflower and gently combine with yogurt mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and evenly spread coated cauliflower on top.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
This dish is extremely adaptable. Enjoy adding your family's favorite cheeses and spices to the yogurt mixture.
© 2014 dontpanicmom.com