Here’s your first free resource from our summer fitness club, Miles of Smiles. Move It With Dice is a great game for kids as young as two. Invite the kids to take turns rolling the dice and the chart will indicate a movement to do depending on what number you roll. It’s fast to teach and kids love it.
- One Rocket Jump: Start in a crouched position and then jump up with hands in the air. Kids love to say “Blast Off” as they jump!
- Two Roll Ups: Start lying down with arms resting on the ground above your head. Using your hands, roll up until you touch your toes. A modified crunch will also work.
- Three Jumping Jacks: Enough said.
- Four Push Ups: Demonstrate a modified push up from the knees as well as a traditional one.
- Five Mountain Climbers: Start in a plank position and bring the left leg up to the chest. Put it back on the ground and bring the right leg up to the chest. Repeat four more times.
- Six-Second Front Plank: Support your body in a push-up position for the 6-second duration. You can try supporting yourself on your elbows, too. This one is especially funny for little kids who have a hard time keeping their bellies and bums straight. It’s okay. Just model what a strong plank should look like.
Feel free to adapt the difficulty for older kids by turning it into a timed competition or incorporate multiplication. For example, one dice tells you the exercise and the other tells you the multiplier. You roll a 6 and then a 4. Everyone does a 24-second plank. This is perfect for a classroom brain break, too.