The food industry is making a great comeback with natural products. I’ve been tinkering with Snack Out Loud Crunchy Bean Snacks in my kitchen. I am a sucker for Colorado-based companies, especially ones that make healthy snacking easy and fun for families. Plus their products are certified Non-GMO and Gluten-Free.
What are these crunchy wonders? Snack Out Loud Crunchy Bean Snacks are, well, crunchy beans. They are a protein packed snack with yummy flavors like Tomato Basil, Sea Salt, and Jalapeno Cheddar. If you’ve ever roasted chick peas, it’s kind of like that, but they use the small and mighty pinto bean. My fam has been munching and crunching and have all picked their favorite flavors. My hands-down favorite is the Smoky Chipotle BBQ.
Here’s an easy recipe for grilled corn on the cob – but with a satisfying crunchy topping thanks to Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks. (Which happens to be Little A’s favorite flavor.)
Serve as a scrumptious side at any late summer barbecue while the corn is at the peak of its season.
- 4 Cobs of fresh corn
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Mini Basil Leaves
- 1 1.2 ounce Package Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks
- Place fresh corn with the husk still intact on a grill set to a medium-high heat. Grill for 10 - 12 minutes rotating once or twice. The husks stand up well to the heat – so don’t worry about exact timing when rotating the corn.
- While it is cooking, prep your toppings. Smash your Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks right in their package. You want to smash it just enough so that the pieces will evenly stick to the olive oil. Pour the crunchy bean snacks onto a large plate. Combine the sea salt and olive oil in a small bowl and stir a few times.
- Remove your corn from the grill. Once it’s cool enough to handle, remove husks and brush your corn with the olive oil and sea salt mixture. Next, roll your oiled corn in the Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks and garnish with mini basil leaves.
Hungry for more recipes? Snack Out Loud Crunchy Bean Snacks inspired more tasty dishes in our kitchen. Head over to their blog and check them out! Have the best weekend EVER and get cooking!
Disclosure: Snack Out Loud Foods sent me products to taste and use in my kitchen as I developed recipes. I only write about products that align with my goal of helping create healthy families. Opinions are my own.