I have a foodie friend. We don’t squeal over new Taylor Swift albums. We squeal over spices and new cookbooks. I can’t wait to share A Well-Seasoned Kitchen with her. It’s a collection of recipes created by a mother-daughter team over a lifetime of family meals and celebrations.You’ll love reading the stories behind the recipes as much as the recipes themselves. Although I can’t relate to hosting a party on a boat – I can relate to gathering friends around a table of great food. This book will make you want to host everyone on the block including your dentist.
I marked up all the recipes I wanted to try and zeroed in on Roasted Chicken Sausage and Butternut Squash. I had one last garden butternut squash that needed to go into this tasty main dish. This recipe comes together fast. It is even faster if you buy the squash pre-cut in the refrigerated produce section.
- Recipe by Sally Clayton and Lee Clayton Roper
- 2 pounds peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash (about 6 cups)
- 8 cooked chicken sausages, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (I only used 4)
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic (I chopped two cloves)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (I used dried)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage (I used dried)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (I didn't have fresh or dried. No problem. Still tasty.)
- 3 Tablespoons roasted red pepper olive oil (I used regular EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine squash, sausage, garlic, and spices. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to mix. Roast until squash is tender, about 25-30 minutes.
My kids were in heaven. With a salad and crusty bread you’ve got a beautiful meal ready to share with your favorite people, even your dentist.
Wanna win a copy? Of course you do.
Enter to win a copy of A Well-Seasoned Kitchen by Sally Clayton and Lee Clayton Roper, retail price $34.95.
You can get up to 5 entries – Write a comment below letting me know for each of your entries. Good Luck! Contest closes on December 15th @ 9:00 pm/MST.
- Like Don’t Panic Mom on Facebook
- Already like my Facebook page? Share my page with a friend.
- Follow Don’t Panic Mom on Instagram
- Follow Don’t Panic Mom on Pinterest
- Pin any 3 Posts that you like from Don’t Panic Mom
Here’s to home cookin’! Have a great week!