I realized that having a go-to combination of reliable yumminess helps me eat my greens when I’m feeling like Bleh. I’m pretty sure that’s nearly every day these days. But I can handle anything for a few more weeks, right? Especially with yummy greens.
I could make this every. single. day. It’s the kind of salad that is super flexible and I can omit the certain toppings depending on what’s hanging out in my crisper or on the counter.
You don’t want to leave out the black beans or the sweet potatoes. Those two gems are what make this salad filling and satisfying. I usually squeeze on citrus and a drizzle of olive oil for a dressing. But occasionally I’ll toss on a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt and salsa to transform it into a lighter version of taco salad.
I hope you love this or have found similar “paired in heaven” salads that save you during a crazy day or a crazy trimester. (Share them with me! PLEEEEEEASE.) Have an amazing week!
A flavor-packed salad that makes a filling main dish during the week. Toss a baked potato in the microwave if you don't have any baked ones leftover in the fridge.
- 1 big handful of greens (spinach, baby kale, spring mix, etc.)
- 1/3 Cup Black Beans, rinsed
- 1/2 Baked or Microwaved Sweet Potato, large dice
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
- optional Pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) for a crunch and chopped cilantro
- Build your beautiful salad. I usually dress it with a big squeeze of lemon, drizzle of olive oil, and sprinkle of salt. You can also dress it with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and salsa.