When I first saw a tutorial for DIY corn chips I believed with my whole-sodium loving heart that they couldn’t taste as good as the bagged variety. There was no way. One day we had a surplus of corn tortillas and no corn chips, so I grudgingly gave it a go. Not only were they beyond easy, but they tasted great. (Not to mention, according to Rachel Brandeis of the American Dietetic Association, we consume up to 50% less calories, sodium, and fat when we make food ourselves.) These crispy babies will cure any bag-addicts that may be reading.
- 8-corn tortillas
- Cooking spray (olive or canola oil)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, cut tortillas into wedges.
- Spray two cookie sheets with the cooking spray and arrange the tortilla wedges so none are touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Take them out when the edges have browned slightly.
- Cool and serve with your favorite dip or salsa. They can also be served alongside your favorite chili.
Do you want to know how to make the tasty black bean hummus pictured above? Don’t Panic. Just head over to LiveWell Colorado’s mom blog. This dip sounds snooty, but it had both Middle E and Little A licking their plates clean.