“Mom, I really need more garlic green beans.”
Requests for vegetables make me want to do a little dance, cheer, and somersault all at once.
It’s no mistake that I call these perfect green beans. I can consistently make them in ten minutes. Oh. And they are always perfect. (Unless, I burn the garlic. P.U.)
Think lemony, salty, garlicy. You’ll love getting the first bites right there at the stove. Use your fingers.
I knew I needed to get this one on the blog ASAP because our garden green beans are in full swing. If you are sane, and do not have a garden, you can find green beans for great prices right now in the produce section.
This savory side dish compliments any protein. It's the perfect way to capitalize on handfuls of green beans from the farmer's market.
- 2 Large Handfuls Fresh Green Beans (about one pound), washed and trimmed
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Medium Lemon, or 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan on the stove. Add garlic to the oil and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the green beans and stir for 4 minutes, or until the beans are tender crisp and a bright green color. Turn off the heat. Add the lemon juice and coarse sea salt and stir again.
- Toss the Panko bread crumbs into the pan and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.