I love to eat. It must come as no surprise because I take pictures of my food. Only a small percentage of the population is weird enough to do that. However, I firmly stand by the awesomeness of this black bean hummus. It’s creamy, rich, and has a bit of heat. You’ll love it with chips and fresh bell peppers.
- 1 15-ounce can Black Beans, drained and rinsed (or about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice or the juice from half of a fresh lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: roasted red peppers (available in the canned vegetable section of any grocery store) and/or finely chopped green onion
- Place ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the texture is light and creamy. Taste and add salt, pepper, lemon, or more chili flakes to your liking. Serve with corn chips, pita chips, or crudites. Red bell peppers pair especially well.
Try these fast baked corn chips. They are sturdy enough to handle such amazing hummus.