I love Valentine’s Day. I adore adoring others. Now that I’m a mom it’s even more fun to adore the little people that I nourish and chase through the kitchen. This sweet treat was a huge hit with my 3 kidlets. I’ve also got a crazy sweet tooth lately with Number 4 on the way. But I’m guaranteed to make this after my sweet baby has made his debut.
Honesty Moment: This is actually just banana ice cream. To make it look like soft serve, I just put it into a quart-sized plastic baggie and trimmed off a triangle on the corner. I then squeezed it into the serving cups just like a soft serve machine. Did my kids completely love it. Yes. Was it completely easy. Yes.
Indulge in this fast, fruit-based dessert with your favorite peeps.
- 1 Frozen Banana, broken in a few pieces
- 1 Cup Frozen Dark Cherries or Mixed Frozen Berries
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Chocolate, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Blend frozen banana and frozen fruit in a food processor for a few minutes. As the pieces get smaller, turn off and scrape down the sides a few times. It's ready to serve when the fruit has become uniformly creamy.
- Place half of the ice cream into a quart sized plastic baggy. Trim off a triangle in one of the corners of the bag and squeeze into your serving dish. Repeat with the rest of the ice cream.
- Serve immediately with dark chocolate pieces and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Recipe for the Chocolate Sauce is right over here.