Crepes make me feel super fancy. They even make me feel fancy on a Saturday morning when everyone is in pajamas.
I wouldn’t make these every day. Or every week. But they are an amazing addition to a special Valentine’s Day breakfast or dessert. Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year – so go crazy with berries and lots of love.
Make this bright berry breakfast for your favorite people.
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry Puree, divided
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (optional)
- Strawberry Syrup
- Sliced Strawberries
- Combine flour, milk, melted butter, eggs, salt, honey (if using), and 1/4 cup of strawberry puree and whisk until well combined. Now drizzle in your remaining 1/4 cup of strawberry puree and gently stir until you have a marbleized look.
- Heat a non-stick pan or well-buttered pan to medium high heat. (You'll know if it's too hot if the edges of the crepes begin to blacken during the first 30 seconds.) Experiment with the first crepe and see how it goes. You'll get your crepe groove going after the first few pancakes. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto your pan and immediately pick up the pan and rotate your wrist until the batter has become a large circle.
- Flip using a spatula after 30 seconds and then cook for about 20 seconds to finish it up.
- Serve with strawberry syrup and plenty of fresh strawberries.
To make strawberry puree, just pulse fresh or thawed frozen strawberries in a food processor, blender, or hand blender.
I like to fold the crepes into little triangle pockets so they can be stuffed with fruit. Kids like to cut them open and find the ruby treasures inside. Yum.
Need more Valentine’s Day ideas? I’ve got you covered.