We love a good banana ice cream drizzled with dark chocolate syrup. But, we reeeeeeeeally like cheese, too. Here’s an amazingly fast solution for breakfast or lunch using whole grain English muffins.
This was fast enough I could whip it up before the bus arrived. All you need is fresh mozzarella, spinach, and red bell peppers. Add a few grape tomato hearts to complete the Valentine’s Day flair.
You can even add a fried egg to boost the protein or a schmear of pesto or sun-dried tomato spread. Yum.
Cut a darling heart out of one side of the English muffin and place both pieces under a preheated broiler. (Warning: Put the mozzarella on the piece without the hole. Warning provided if you pulled an all nighter with a toddler or teething baby.) When the cheese looks wonderfully melted, remove and place your fresh veggies.
Melt My Heart Sandwiches need the peek-a-boo heart on top to reveal the goodies underneath. Pile some fresh strawberries or cherries on the plate and you’ve got a simply perfect Valentine’s Day meal.
Simply lovely sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
- 4 Whole Grain English Muffins
- 4 - 1/2" Thick Pieces Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Handful Fresh Spinach
- Optional Toppings
- Sundried Tomato Spread
- Fried Egg
- Preheat broiler. Slice your English muffins in half. Use a cookie cutter to make a heart-shaped cut out on one side of each English muffin. Top the other side of the English muffin with one piece of mozzarella each. Place under the broiler for a few minutes, checking often, until the cheese has melted nicely.
- While you wait, make spinach and red pepper hearts from the same cookie cutter.
- Remove the toasted English muffins from broiler. Top the cheesy side with red bell peppers, spinach, and other toppings that make your tastebuds sing. Place the heart side on top.
- Serve with other red veggies and fruits.